Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My Uncle's Old Volvo

My uncle bought a Volvo back in oh, '79 or '80, and drove it forever. He ended up racking up a lot of miles, but he really wanted to hit 300k miles. The problem was that the car had what might be termed "multiple organ failure" right around 290k miles. So those last 10k ended up being disproportionately expensive. I don't believe he ever made it to 300k, but he could have, I'll have to find out. Anyway the reason I bring this up is that I just looked and I have 480 blog posts (not counting the old system, which reminds me I really need to get those into some tangible format) and perhaps the problem I've had with blogging recently is similar to my Uncle's car. Actually that's a really poor analogy and the two have almost nothing to do with one another, but that's one whole paragraph made out of nothing, at this rate I'll hit 500 easy...

Last week I went to Canada on Monday and Tuesday. Let me describe the schedule:

Monday- Wake up at 4:00, 4:30 drive to airport, 5:00 weird "Breach" experience in security line, 6:00 plane leaves, 11:00 arrive in Canada, 20 minutes of really intense questioning while going through customs for a 2 day trip, 11:30-6:00 Meeting with clients and another development studio, 6:00-8:30 Dinner meeting (great steak) w/ clients, 9:00 collapse into bed.

Tuesday- Wake up at 5:30, 6:00 Put all the notes from yesterday's meeting into a flow chart, 8:00-1:00 Meeting at Denny's (we sat at the same table and had breakfast and lunch there) 1:30-3:30 another meeting with development studio, 3:30-4:00 phone meeting on way to airport with clients, 4:00-6:00 waiting at airport, 6:00 plane leaves, 11:15 arrive back in Utah, 12:30 bedtime...

I have a lot more sympathy for my Dad at this point, traveling as a consultant is brutal.

Other than that last week consisted of Thanksgiving, rabbit hunting, and being sick. There you go, all caught up...

England expects that every man will do his duty.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any advice for advancing through the Ironman on D&D on FB? I've bit it twice on 9th and 10th levels.

12:23 PM  
Blogger hallamigo said...

"There you go, all caught up..."

Whoa, what just happened ... fastest update ever!

1:51 PM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

I happened to have the Invunerable Coat of Aard which gives +20 to hit points. Then I stacked every plus hit point item I could get my hand on on top of that, I was also playing a Fighter so that was an extra hit point per level, perhaps you're noticing a theme? :D

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, but I'm sure your point will hit me soon.

12:06 AM  
Blogger aozora said...

Welcome back. 500 will be easy if you:

- Touch on the Paizo contest
- Comment on the WotC layoffs
- Do a politico-blog on the recent appointments
- Add some seasonal comments
- Etc.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home