Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So much to write so little time

I feel this great need to write. I have an e-mail from a friend of mine who disagrees about the benefits of having the legislative and executive branches controlled by different parties that I want to respond to in detail. I've had a political blog post in mind for the last two weeks that just keeps getting pushed back. There's a message board I sometimes frequent with lively political discussions that I haven't even glanced at in several months. And then there's a comment on my brother-in-laws blog that's so full of simplistic over-generalizations that I let out a primal battle-cry when I read it and felt like I was on the plains of Africa hunting lions.

Alas, I'm not doing any of that, the only time I seem to have to write is just before bed, when my energy level is not sufficient to battle the forces of ignorance. In fact as busy as I was this summer, it's worse now. The key difference is not in the level of work, but in how many people are bugging me. Before I had a ridiculous amount of work, but I was largely left to myself to tackle it at whatever pace I could manage, and if I needed to take a break, then I could. These days, every time I turn around there's an urgent e-mail which needs answering, and when I do manage to clear a little bit of time it's to tackle the big projects that I've been trying to get to all week, not 30 minutes of relaxation while I write a little bit in my blog...

I'm not sure how long I can continue at this level of pressure, but I keep thinking that there will be some lessening of it if I can just get X done. I'm beginning to think that I'm going to crack first before I can get on top of things. I'll keep you posted.

There’s so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, now I feel bad for taking you away for an afternoon to look at old university buildings! :)

In case I didn't say it before, thanks again for hosting me in Utah! And pass it along to Josh!

12:24 AM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

No worries, I needed the break. Plus it was fascinating how much had changed in a half dozen years.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home