Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Weather

Well Autumn has finally arrived. We were able to stop using the air conditioner quite awhile ago though there were some days where it really touch and go, particularly if we cooked anything in the oven, but we powered through with no heat and no A/C for, I think, the entire month of September. But now were getting to the point were we may have to turn on the heat, and I'm just fine with that. The Weather Channel is saying that it may snow on Sunday (predicted high, during the day, is 46) which would be really nice.

It's weather like this that makes it hard for me to believe that anyone could live in Arizona or Las Vegas. I have a friend who's moving to Vegas at the end of the month, he says that Vegas isn't as bad as people think, because you're either in a pool, or inside. The pool would be okay (though I think I would tire of it pretty fast) but not being outside ever sounds like the cure is worse than the disease. He can make a lot more money in Vegas, which is something I can identify with.

Time for bed

6 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

What I can't figure out is places like New York and London.

6:47 AM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

What about Tokyo?

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I would love to live in Alaska for a while. I would love both extremes of perpetual sunshine and relative warmth, followed by perpetual darkness and mind-numbing cold.

But that's just me.

1:30 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

Good point! But there aren't as many options here on the island compared to a whole continent.

And there are headhunters on the other side of the island!

4:08 PM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

Alaska would be awesome I almost had the wife talked into it and then she heard about the mosquitoes...

I've since heard from people who've lived there that it's not as bad as the legend, so maybe someday.

10:18 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

*grin*

Talk of the homeland brings me much joy.

I didn't actually live there long and I only went back to visit once but I wouldn't mind retiring there.

I don't recall any mosquitoes, so it must matter where you go. The perpetual light / dark can be a little weird at first though.

That said, I found Utah to be pretty fantastic too.

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home