Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blogging Break

Well it's been about a week since I last blogged. Things have been pretty crazy. I think I brought it on myself by titling my last post as "chaos". The cosmos saw that and said, "You think your current situation is chaotic? Just wait!" I had already agreed to undertake a big reorganization of the office over UEA (a four week holiday that the kids get while the teacher union has their annual meeting). Which threw me out of my normal groove.

A little bit about that before I continue. I was actually really excited about the office project. I love organizing things, but I have a tendency to be a completist, which is a big problem if you're undertaking the organization of 20,000 books and magazines (I'm not sure if that's the actual number, but I bet it's at lest that many. Plus I feel guilty since my wife has carved out a time when the whole family can be involved in cleaning up my gigantic disorganized pile of stuff.

Anyway the office cleaning got me out of my normal schedule, so that was Thursday and Friday (if your curious things are out of the office and into the storage room and now we have to decide what to move back in and what to keep in the storage room). Saturday was the used book sale, a hike up city creek, several hours of prep for the family campaign, a nap, the family campaign, and prepping my lesson for Sunday. That took us till about Midnight and that's when it happened, the illness struck... The less said about it the better, but that basically took me out until Tuesday, since then I've been trying to catch up.

In any case I'm not sure how interesting any of that is, but I've already typed it so there you go. I do intend to eventually do that political post I was talking about in fact I took a little bit of time this morning and decided how I was going to vote on everything (all except for President and Governor, I'm still trying to decide those two). Anyway I mostly just wanted to get something out there to make sure people knew I was still alive (and to convince myself of that fact as well...)

Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home