Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Time keeps on slipping

I should be heading for home, but I thought I'd give you a quick update on the bike. I filed a Police report and an insurance claim. Apparently my insurance doesn't factor in depreciation on something like this so the deal is they'll buy me (actually give me a check minus the $250 deductible) a new bike that's equivilant. This brings up an interesting point because they don't make the 2300 anymore and even the 2100 is now a mixture of carbon and aluminum. You have to go all the way up to the Madone 5.0 to get a bike that has all Ultegra components like mine did. The insurance agent mentioned it might be a better bike, but that would be really cool. Course if I did get a bike that nice I suppose I would have to ride it.

Into the future

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must be getting old... my mind boggles at spending that much on a bike (even if it's covered by insurance). I'd get a used bike from DI and get a nice computer and a nice tv with the rest, then blow the rest on books.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Medsker said...

I think it would be a shame for you to have a nicer bike then your Father when he actually rides his. Possibly you could buy him a bike and then you could put his old one in the garage. Of course he probably likes his "old" bike other than the fact he can't let go of the handlebars. His bike would also be less likely to attract renegade daywalker bike snatchers...or rather renegade dayrider bike snatchers after the snatch.

2:25 AM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

Actually I managed to track down the receipt last night. It was $1900+ with tax...

7:08 AM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

Opps I thought I had mentioned that I thought I had spent $1400 on the bike initially, that's what I told the police, but I tracked down the receipt last night, and... cue previous comment.

I assume Ed was talking about the Madone 5.0.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd spend whatever it takes to fix your garage door first, and then see what you have left to spend on a bike you don't ride.

~your wife's sister

10:34 AM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

Ouch!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I was talking about the Madone 5.0. I hope for that price it's made out of some element not found on earth that can only be destroyed in the fires of Mt. Doom.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee-hee, your wife's sister really cuts to the chase.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just make sure you don't spend the money on DreamBlade. :)

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got an extra Dreadmorph here...

-Wil

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home