Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bruised and battered

Well after putting in some long hours last week I was really looking forward to a rejuvenating weekend. One would think that after the last 378 weekends failed to be as rejuvenating as I expected that I would start to notice a pattern. Actually the weekend was about what I would have expected from a normal two day weekend, but this was a three day weekend, and let's face it we hold them to a higher standard, an unrealisticaly high standard, actually. I would say that I expect a three day weekend to be twice as rejuvenating as a normal weekend, which means, if you do the math, that last weekend was only half as rejuvenating as I was expecting.

As I previously mentioned the weekend started out with me staying up too late on Friday. Saturday was almost entirely spent putting together a double-decker dresser bed, with a little bit of family game night to top the night off. Sunday wasn't too bad, though I spent the day hobbling, because the back of my upper thigh was really sore from all the crouching I'd done while putting the bed together.

Monday I spent the morning moving stuff back into the bedroom and throwing away all the junk left over from the bed. By lunch time I was ready to take a break and I decided to buy the family lunch at Arctic Circle. When I went out, I discovered that the front left tire was flat, or nearly flat. Rather than changing it right there I decided there was enough pressure to drive the .2 miles to the gas station. Of course when I got there the air compressor was out of order. At this point I was really stuck between a rock and a hard place. I needed to get people lunch because company was coming soon, and the natives were restless to boot. The next nearest gas station was basically as far as the tire place, but as I mentioned I didn't have a lot of time...

Finally I decided to drive to the next gas station. They not only had air, but it was free (I'll have to start going there more often) the tire didn't immediately deflate so I got lunch, came home, snarfed it down, and then went to the tire place. The bad news was that the tire had a cut in the sidewall (possibly caused by someone recklessly driving around on his rims looking for an air compressor) the good news was it was still under warrenty, so I got a new one for free. After I got that taken care of I returned home to find that a friend/business associate had a bunch of market research he wanted me to do. So I basically spent the rest of the day doing that. In all, somewhat unsatisfying, but them's the breaks I guess.

Five minutes from Midnight


Blogger aozora said...

You never know, that 380th weekend could be the one!

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Geshin said...

Did the manufacture return you email yet? I hate unlabeled parts. Those insturctions weren't very good either.

When are you going to start traing for your epic hike?

If you did, maybe putting together a bed will not wipe you out over the weekend.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home