Friday, January 12, 2007

Excuse my absence

I really did mean to blog several times this week, but things at work were insane. We got a virus infection on Wednesday, and I was there until 11 pm with a bunch of other people from IT trying to clean things up, in the midst of trying to get out of there, I missed rebooting the webserver (necessary because of the enormous network problems the virus caused), so the next morning I got a call at 6:30 am because it was down. With the early start after putting in 15 hours on Wednesday I put in another 12 on Thursday.

On top of that there was a big snow storm and the whole day I was dreading the shoveling that I was sure waited for me at home. Fortunately in an act of unparalled kindness my wife had shoveled it for me, which is probably the reason I'm still sane. Today was more of the same, but things had finally calmed down and I was hoping to get out of work early and take a nap. I didn't get out of there nearly as early as I wanted but I did leave a little early. First I had to get a prescription for my daughter and then get some gas. Both were close to work and so when I got called back in I was still near enough to turn around, not that I wanted to, but that's just the way the week was.

By the time I took care of that final problem, left again and picked up a cordless drill it was around 6 pm when I got home. Needless to say I feel pretty beat up. So why am I still up at 11:00 blogging? No idea...

Three day weekends are proof of a Supreme Being

1 Comments:

Blogger aozora said...

"So why am I still up at 11:00 blogging? No idea..."

Sanity-check maybe?

Kudos to your wife.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home