Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Visits to the Doctor

This week has thus far been dominated by visits to the doctor. Yesterday I took my daughter in to get her arm casted. It seems in the past when you broke your arm they would cast it right away, but these days they put it in a sling until the swelling goes down, then they cast it. The doctor said that because of how springy her bones are that she had a green stick fracture, more of a bend then a break I suppose. His big worry is that it will not unbend or worse that it would continue to bend, so he wants to see her in another week.

They asked her what color she wanted, which is nice, and certainly an advance in medicine since I had a cast. She choose purple. The only problem there is that a lot of markers won't show up on purple very well, so I went to ShopKo and picked up some silver and gold sharpies which seem to show up reasonably well. We also finally tracked down the Yu-Gi-Oh Jaden cards my son has been dying to get since before Christmas.

As for myself my doctors appointment was a follow-up. He wanted to discuss red blood count, the colonoscopy and my weight. The latter part was good news since I had dropped 6 lbs. Though that may be more due to creativity than exercise. When I weighed in three months ago I was fully equipped I had a jacket on, my pda, wallet, keys, etc. This time I made very sure to ditch all that stuff, so that could have been the six pounds right there, who knows. But at least I can take comfort in the fact that, after all that I did lose weight, it would have been horrible if I'd gone to all that trouble and gained weight (even staying the same would have been pretty annoying).

Don't hate the player, hate the game

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great idea...I should be able to lose 20 pounds or better tha way.

Fred

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My understanding is that clothes add at least 5 lbs, which is why you have so many scales in the showers in gyms.

8:29 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

My check-up is the twentieth. A full-course menu with all kinds of things I don't want to think about.

The fasting from wake-up to check-up wouldn't be so bad if they didn't prohibit even water. Sheesh.

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That will not help you on your "epic" hike.

Moutain trails are less forgiving.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home