Monday, October 15, 2007

Losing

Well it looks like I'm going to lose the reading contest I'm having with my son. He's got about 50 pages left in Fellowship and I'm still have 20 pages to go before finishing Towers. But as I mentioned I'm happy for him to win, the whole point of the contest was to get him to finish the book, so in that sense mission accomplished. And in fact I've done even better than that. He wants to continue reading as well. Obviously it's actually pretty tough to make someone read a book and not have them dislike the book because of that (as many literature teachers discover to their dismay. But of course I don't think he feels like I made him read the book and therein lies my genius. :)

It's also possible that I'm going take my first legitimate loss in Weewar. I say legitimate because I do have one other loss (my record is 14-1-2) it came when in an effort to cheer up some friends I made a game called "Gang up on Ross" it was a three player game on a four player map where my two friends got to split up the resources of the absent fourth player, I was sandwiched between them and they declared a truce. So I ended up with about half the resources of each of them and had to split that half across two fronts to their one. Basically every unit of mine was up against four of thier units. Anyway back to my legitimate loss. This one is on a four player map, and we actually started with four players, though the two who are bedeviling me (the fourth guy surrendered) have gone the entire game up until the last round or so with basically a detente. So if you were to look at the amount of money they've spent on their front with me and the amount they've spent on their front with each other... There's a vast disparity... But I'm not bitter...

If anyone out there want's to invite me to a game my username is LidlessEye (I just changed it, that was the handle I used to use when playing Warcraft II and re-reading Tolkien reminded me of it). Or if you want to be invited let me know and I'll send you an e-mail.

Woman left with 'wind phobia' after hurricane, can no longer eat beans

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That a good kind of loss.

You'll have to show me that laser next time I get to SLC.

8:42 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

"my username is LidlessEye"
Uh-oh, I hope you got credit from the devs for mw joining but I sent it in as the previous name.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a librarian, I approve your devious method for getting your son to read!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home