Sunday, October 07, 2007

Three and out

Well I'm definitely done talking about the Cubs now, since they were swept by the Diamondbacks. The way things are going all of the first four series could end up in sweeps. Obviously with the Cubs out my interest has lessened, but I would like to see the Indians win, since they haven't won it all since 1948. Plus how could anyone who's ever seen the movie Major League not have a soft spot for the Indians.

I finally finished watching the second season of Avatar last night. It continues to be really good though I'm starting to wish more of the bad guys would die. In discussing this with my wife we agreed that having the good guys kill the bad guys raises some problems in what is, ostensibly, a cartoon geared at the 6-11 demographic. Of course there's no problem with killing off good guys, so perhaps that's where my frustration stems. Episode 1 of season 3 is available through cable's On Demand, but we weren't quick enough to catch up to where the series is now, and apparently Nickelodeon isn't doing any re-runs (which surprises me) so I guess we'll still have to rely on DVD's. Fortunately the first disk of Season 3 comes out at the end of the month.

Other than that it's a pretty lazy Sunday. It's an off week (a Sunday we aren't going to my parents house in Ogden) and a conference weekend on top of that. I'm guessing I won't even shower. I'm spending the time trying to lend some sense of organization to my life, things have kind of gotten out of hand. I'm not entirely sure if that sort of thing is what would generally be considered permissible on the Sabbath, but it feels appropriate.

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm guessing I won't even shower."

Yeah, that's just disgusting. You can keep that one to yourself next time.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home