Saturday, October 06, 2007

A post on Saturday! Will the madness never end?

I can see I've lost some of my regular readers with my focus on the Cubs being in the play-offs. I will say no more, save to point you at this article which elaborates my feelings on the subject far more elaborately then I ever good. Before I leave the subject forever (or at least until something else really newsworthy happens) allow me to whet your appetite with a few choice quote from the article.

The Cubs must go down. It must be gruesome, painful and tragic. They must, like Icarus and his wax wings, come tantalizingly close, and then, like Wile E. Coyote and his ubiquitous anvil, plummet to the canyon floor.

Losing the Red Sox to, well, winning, was painful. While their fans rightfully celebrated and danced and poured across the borders of Red Sox Nation like East Germans following the Wall's collapse, the rest of us felt frightened, saddened, abandoned.

A championship banner would only drive up the sale price, resulting in faceless, corporate owners so lacking in humanity that it would make the Tribune Company seem like volunteers at a homeless shelter.

In other news there isn't much. I have a bunch of programming to do for the new company and I'm finding that I'm a little rusty, plus I'm dealing with a very customized environment but I'm starting to get into the swing of things and it's actually getting to the point where it's enjoyable. Also WeeWar pushed out a major update on Thursday and it turned out to be pretty buggy so they had to take the whole system down to fix things. I'm going through a little bit of withdrawal, but it's probably good for me.

I'm at Helm's Deep my son is at the Council of Elrond

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even in LOTR, ages come to an end. The Cubs winning it would probably bring about the Fourth Age.

So stop impeding progress, and turn off your tv!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home