Thursday, October 11, 2007

Whew! That was close

Well my wife just asked me if I had blogged today. That was a close one, I just about missed a day. Most of my forgetfulness stems from just being tired and stressed. It really exploded yesterday. Just after lunch I got this horrible headache, at this point I made one of the first of my many mistakes. I took a couple of Excedrin Tension Headache Pills. I think they have as much caffeine as entire 400 acre Brazilian coffee plantation. The pills took the edge off, but by about 8:00 that night I felt like I imagined someone with a hangover feels (I've never actually had a hangover). When my wife got home and told me with exaggerated faux excitement of her 7:00 am call time on Sunday (she's going to be on Music and the Spoken Word) I told her that loud noises hurt my head.

So anyway I went to bed about 10:30 and had arranged it (by getting my wife agree to drive the kids to school) so that I didn't have to wake up until 7:45, so I thought I was set. When I was getting ready for bed I saw a Prilosec tablet still laying on the counter from where I had forgotten it that morning. At that point I took the pill that I had forgotten, but it was too late. On top of that it was kind of hot (not ridiculously so, but it was one more factor). Furthermore I had the hourly chime going off on my watch (I'm trying to train myself to only check my e-mail once an hour), so when I did manage to doze off a little bit it woke me back up. In any case a combination of all these factors kept me up until sometime after 2:00 am (that was when I went back to bed after getting up for a little bit to see if being vertical would help with the heartburn.)

Obviously I was really worried about how today would after having such a horrible night, and it wasn't great, but it wasn't as awful as I feared either. I never get as much done as I want to, but I did get some good stuff done. Anyway, as you can probably guess, I need to get to bed.

Sleep, that's where I'm a viking

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pills have caffeine 'cuz so many headaches are caused by caffeine withdrawals. Too bad about the side effects.

11:25 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

Trying to escape caffeine can be a real hassle. It is in everything it seems.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home