Monday, October 08, 2007

Dreamblade Dead

I think the writing was on the wall even before GenCon, but it's finally official, Dreamblade is dead. My own passion for it ebbed and flowed, but that's more a reflection on my peculiar personality than a statement about how good the game was. In fact the game was very good, I would venture to say that it was the best collectible game ever made. Now I know I haven't played all the different collectible games out there, I mean who could? But I can, with certainty, say that it was better than magic.

Of course, as with many things, there is a silver lining. The biggest one being that all I have to do is finish out my Night Fusion set and I'll have a full collection of Dreamblade. It's always nice for a completist like me to be able to have some definable end where they can say they're done. Plus this gives me some available money for the purchase of all the 4E stuff. I've been following it pretty closely and it actually sounds pretty nifty, although there are some things which have caused me to raise an eyebrow or two, but we'll just have to see.

One final bit of news my good friend Wil Upchurch was crowned US Air Hockey champion over the weekend (in both the singles and the doubles competition) after a very intense tournament. I feel more important just knowing him...

Either I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, being national Air Hockey champ is really impressive. I can't imagine the level of stress to go through the tourney.

Sorry about Dreamblade. Are there ever any local tourneys with "dead" product lines?

5:15 PM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

I have enough product to play for a very long time, so I can hold my own tournaments if I want... that's probably as close as I'll get.

8:42 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

:::whew::: The first time through I missed the air part. Not that it is less impressive, I was just terribly confused.

I've been reading the comments from Dreamblade players on the Gleemax site. It is a little depressing. Just another MS-McD-Ford example.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I missed the "Air" part too the first time through. Although Wil is a big guy, so it wasn't hard picturing him body checking guys out on the ice.

As for Dreamblade, sorry to hear the news. You do know that Chaotic comes out this month though, eh?

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home