Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Health Bar

I feel like I have a health bar, like in many video games (particularly those with an RPG element). And that it regenerates slowly over time, but for at least the last month if not longer the minute it regenerated any of my vitality that I immediately used it. For the comparison to be truly accurate you'd have to include a mechanic where things cost more when you're health is low. That writing up, say a contract, uses 5 units of health when you're at 100% health and 10 units when you're at 5% health.

Fortunately after a big VC meeting tomorrow at 9:00 I think I may actually be able to take a break, or at a minimum take it easy for the remainder of the week. I mentioned this already and I still think that something could come up, most likely in the course of tomorrow's meeting, but I'm at least cautiously optimistic. My kids are out of school on Friday which means two things. One that I'll be able to sleep in, and two that I maybe able to do something with then during this all too brief moment of calm. My older two still have ski school... but perhaps the younger two will want to do something, like "Take a nap with daddy!!!"

Someone in my ancestry is a hard-working puritan who left just enough of his DNA in me that I feel guilty about not working hard enough all the time. When I get to heaven he and I are going to have words.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

"Someone in my ancestry is a hard-working puritan who left just enough of his DNA in me that I feel guilty about not working hard enough all the time. When I get to heaven he and I are going to have words." So true! Thats great!! You come up with the best sign offs.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home