Saturday, February 16, 2008

Last minute preperation

Well I'm busy doing the last bit of preparation for my trip to the Game Developers Con (GDC) in San Francisco. I should mention (particularly since his wife commented on yesterday's blog probably hoping for some word of her husband) that my old friend Wil Upchurch is in town for a couple of days before we both fly out to the convention. For the benefit of his wife I will say that he's doing fine, eating healthy and the reason he hasn't called you is that we took away his phone in a cruel initiation ritual... We'll mail it back to him once we find all the pieces.

I've been exceptionally tired recently. Working 14+ hours a day means generally that you probably need more than 8 hours of sleep and I've been getting less. However I am going to be able to sleep in tomorrow and I'm actually vaguely optimistic that I might be able to catch up on some of my sleep while at the convention. However based on my experience of convention going with Wil I may be "smoking crack" as they say. We'll have to see what happens, we'll be staying at a Dominican Priory, so perhaps that will put something of a cap on his natural exuberance. At some point I may have to re-examine going to conventions with Mr. Upchurch, but it's too late to do anything about it now.

I'm trying to finish one last project before I go, but that may also be an example of "smoking crack". We've actually made a fair bit of progress on things, but as usual the difficulties involved are greater than I imagined, and, well, I'm tired. I'm not sure how much opportunity I'll have to blog from GDC but if I do get a chance I'll be sure to take it.

Sleep! That's where I'm a viking!

2 Comments:

Blogger hallamigo said...

... and spelling the word "preparation" is not where you're a viking. ;)

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can get my huband to sleep even 4 hours a night during a convention, you'll deserve a medal, and you'll be a viking.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home