Friday, February 15, 2008

Marathon Day

The busier I get the more goofing off appeals to me. Allow me to explain, if I know I've been working real hard, then there's none of the usual guilt associated with goofing off. I still have to get to the point where I feel like I can spare the time to goof off, but even that's easier because I can use justifications like "maintaining a healthy balance" or "sharpening the saw" or "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". I have many ideas currently for some quality goofing off (and I plan to enjoy myself somewhat while in San Francisco) but the one I'm going to talk about today is called the Marathon day.

For awhile I was trying to get together to game once a month for 6 hours. It was amazing how hard this turned out to be. Back in the day we would get together every week, but these days getting together for even a single Saturday was nigh impossible. So the idea I cam up with was for a Marathon Day. Essentially we'd play once a quarter, but when we did we'd start at like 10 in the morning and go till people couldn't speak in complete sentences any longer. Even assuming we only made it till midnight, that's still almost as much time as we were getting under the previous plan, possibly more when you figure how often people are late, and the overhead of starting and stopping etc. Plus you could really get into things.

So far I haven't managed to pull one off. I used the idea of one to block off the time for the surprise trip for the anniversary/birthday trip, but since then I've just been way to busy to even pretend that one might be possible. If I do manage to pull on off you'll be the first to know. But for now I have pushed myself beyond what was wise, so I'm going home.

As much as I would like to goof off, I would like to sleep more

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a marathon game day too! Pick me, pick me! Maybe you could come to visit us? We could use another player in our Midnight group, because Wil keeps nearly killing us.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home