Thursday, February 28, 2008

Late night update

Well here it is, after 11:00 and I'm just getting around to blogging. I'm trying to blog basically every day, not because I have anything particularly fascinating to say, but because soon I'm going to have to start using my blogging for evil, rather than good (or have I up until now been using it for evil, and I'll just be using it for more evil...) So the big meeting went well, and I even managed to take a nap afterward!

Of course now I'm back in the office, because there are still many, many things to do. In particular my old job wants to move me from PRN status (not sure what that stands for and it could be PNR...) to an actual contractor. I guess then they don't have to pay payroll taxes on me (course then I have to pay the taxes... since I will basically be on a 1099...) The weird part is they want me to write the contract! Which works out well for me, I suppose, but then I have to decide how much time I want to spend on it, and balance the competing interests of the money I'll get to charge them for it, protecting my interests, being really tired, and not abusing this open ended task.

I'm heading up there for lunch tomorrow with one of my former co-workers, so ideally I'd have the contract done by then. Thus one of the big reasons why I'm at work. I think I'll let onecle.com do most of the work for me. If you've never checked them out they're an awesome resource if you just want an example contract (or two, or a million...)

Morals can be such a burden

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRN=as needed. Lit. "pro re nata" (For the thing born), or more figuratively "whenever something pops up." You see it a lot on medicine.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home