Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dearth of Comments

I had hoped that by blogging more regularly I might get my comment count back up. There was a time when I got at least one comment on every post I made, but things have been pretty slow recently. I think the only one who comments regularly anymore is Ed, and I'm pretty sure that's just his tactic for avoiding the big final papers he has to write in order to graduate with his Masters of Divinity. I think the problem is that for a long time I was the only one in my family who blogged, and not only that, but it was novel. Now I have two sisters, two sisters-in-law, two brothers-in-law and uncounted more distant relatives (cousins, etc.) who are all blogging. And they write about cute stuff like their precocious kids, and post pictures of the precocious things they're doing (which mostly seem to involve applying markers to surfaces other than paper).

I guess I need to start pandering. No more posts about how tough it is to do a startup. No more complaints about lack of sleep, or children vomiting. No more posts about role-playing games, video games, any thing with the letters "g", "a", "m" and "e". Which is... difficult. Okay, they all have to be in the same word... But still never again!!! From this time forward it's just cute pictures of kittens!



Wow! I didn't realize how soul destroying it would be to post even one of those pictures... It's like I need some gum to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I can't do it... I can't sink to that level... I guess I'll just have to be content to blog along quietly without any feedback, or any outward clues as to whether anyone is even reading my blog.

A lone voice crying in the wilderness

10 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I think I just lost a little respect for you. But at least I'm commenting, right?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Not even your wife will leave you comments. Now that is just sad.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, you are one among many tactics for putting off my papers.

And remember the First Rule of Comedy? You have potential GOLD!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Honestly when I pulled up your blog in my blog reader I thought it was one of my friends blogs. Never in a million years did I ever expect to find a kitten on your blog.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I read your blog often and enjoy it. I especially love how you end every entry. But I'll be honest, I know nothing about gaming, computers and such so theres not much intelligible for me to say.

Cute picture of the kitten, but at first I did wonder if I had wandered onto the wrong blog :)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Medsker said...

It's all John's fault. He told everybody about Google reader so that is what I'm using now and it doesn't show comments and it doesn't have a place to comment. Before if something struck me I would comment but now I have to really have something to say (like to blame not commenting on John) to click on the link and follow it too a tab and comment.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit whining! Is the only reason you blog to fill some desire for attention?? Isn't your "epic" endeavor exciting enough? Or maybe it's just because we're all to tired to leave a comment.

Love ya! ;-)
Janet

4:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! I LUV KITTENS!

Post the one about cheeseburgers!

9:51 PM  
Blogger hallamigo said...

I do have to admit that Google reader makes it hard to leave comments. Sorry fred, I accept the blame.

Please, no more pictures of kittens. Hideous creatures.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Disturbing.

But if you are really so worried about how many people look at/read your blog, stick one of those counters on it. Then you'll always know when someone has braved the threat of more kitten pictures to see if you are still alive and blogging.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home