Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Killing Time

Well I'm waiting for my wife to get back from the meeting she went to this morning for the "Future Problem Solvers" trip. The good news is that after some hinted at shenanigans yesterday where it looked like my daughter might have to enter a drawing in order to go it turns out that she definitely does get to go. The bad news is that it's probably going to cost even more than they originally estimated...

As far as the drawing, I don't have a problem with that per se. The problem arises that on Saturday the teacher told her she could go. And then to make sure of that I went and talked to the teacher and she confirmed that. So if you've already said yes, I get annoyed if you turn around and reverse the decision, particularly on something as big as this... Anyway I suppose that it will all work out.

To top it all off my daughter has been pretty sick since Saturday (high fever and lethargy) so the whole thing has been quite the roller coaster ride of emotion, illness, and expense...

And she's not even a teenager yet...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess part of the "Future Problem Solvers" modus operandi is that nothing should be easy.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hope she gets feeling better soon and that all works out, it sounds like a great opportunity.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I must say that I'm not surprised by these problems. The event on Saturday was extremely disorganized. My suggestion for next year's scenario (or whatever they call the problem they give the kids to solve) should be "How can we make Future Problem Solving events more organized and accessible to all students?" Have the kids solve their problems, since the adults in charge can't seem to.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home