Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blood Pressure

My blood pressure is always a little bit on the high side. I think it's a combination of genes and stress. Well we decided to look into getting some "Key Man" Life Insurance on the three founders. So of course when you're looking to get life insurance they want to do a whole bunch of medical tests, I guess the first time the Med Tech came by my blood pressure was a little bit on the high side. Presumably it was high enough to raise some eyebrows but not high enough for them to automatically say okay you're higher risk. So I guess I was in kind of a gray area so they decided to recheck it. We scheduled the check for this morning at 8:00 am.

Mornings are obviously the best time to get your blood pressure checked, but this morning was unusual. I have two sick kids. The youngest has been sick on and off for about a month. Most recently she had an ear infection, so they put her on some antibiotics and she seemed to improve, but a couple of days after the last dose suddenly she's got a fever again and is complaining about a headache. And then the next youngest is sick as well. I guess we're taking both of them into the doctor today, so we'll see what they say.

Also while I was checking my e-mail first thing this morning I found out about a big competitor of ours who had just launched. A little competition is good because it shows that there's actually a market, but at a certain point it you'd rather people just stopped coming up with the same idea you did.

The Dude abides...

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

So what was your blood pressure?

12:52 PM  
Blogger DireKobold said...

Oh I forgot to mention that. She took it three times and each time it was 120/80 which seems a little bit suspicious, but who am I to argue...

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My BP was a little high as well (the lower number), so I'm on Diovan for now. Actually, I think 120/80 is what I'm at now.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home