Monday, May 05, 2008

Vacation

Well the in-laws got a condo up in Park City (I may have mentioned that already I can't remember). So I spent Saturday night and all day yesterday up there. It was fairly relaxing. They've got it for the whole week, so the plan is to go up there all day Thursday and Friday as well. We'll have to see how it goes. I was supposed to head back up there tonight, but I just have too much to do. In particular I have a big deadline on Wednesday. If that slips then I could very quickly see Thursday and Friday being just another day in the office. I hope not...

We've stayed at this same lodge before, and last time we stayed in a larger model, which was very nice. This time we went from two master suites to just one, and so there's a lot of sleeping on hide-a-beds. Saturday night I was on a hide-a-bed and it was possibly the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on. I've slept in a tent on a 3/4" pad when the temperature outside was in the teens and had a much better time of it than on Saturday... Oh well.

Anyway, I don't have a laptop anymore. Which is probably a good thing. It forces me to actually relax a little bit. I spent most of yesterday reading "A Deepness in the Sky". Which has so far been quite good, if somewhat unsettling. I actually had a little bit of a hard time getting to sleep last night because I was still thinking about the book. Fortunately I wasn't on the hide-a-bed (some of the people had gone home) so when I did get to sleep it was pretty restful.

8 hours is enough, assuming that everything is perfect

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I think age has a lot to do with the comfort of beds that aren't your own (and I'm not saying this to make a jab at your age.) I think every adult could definitely tell they hadn't slept in their own beds over the weekend. The older I get the worse I sleep away from home. If only there was a way to pack my bed up and take it with me on vacation....

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home