Tuesday, May 06, 2008

All-nighters

I was going to pull an all-nighter since the wife and kids are up in Park City. But I wimped out around 1:00 am. All-nighters always sound like a good idea when you first think of them. "I'll have 8 additional hours. I'll be done and then I can sleep the sleep of the just." But of course once the wee hours of the morning roll around they no longer sound quite so cool. Also it's not like the project I was working on had to be done by 7:00 am, it's due by Wednesday, sort of. But I really want to get it out of the way so I can take Thursday and Friday off and spend it with the family up in Park City. Other than Sunday's they would be my first days off in... months? a year? I hardly even remember...

Of course even if I do take those days off I'll probably spend the bulk of them reading business books, but reading is such a joy even if it is something like the 10 ways that venture capitalists resemble Freddy from Nightmare on Elm Street (actually that would be a pretty funny piece) that it's still relaxing.

Anyway so I'm back in the office, and the big project still looms so I'd better sign off.

Hasta la victoria siempè!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home