Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Car problems

I'm just barely getting around to blogging today, because I had car problems. Or rather my wife had car problems. She called me in something of a panic around 1:00 and said that she had just emerged from Sam's Club with a plethora of groceries and the car wouldn't start. Almost immediately my worst case scenerio reflex kicked in and I thought, the car has no oil and the engine has seized. Normally it wouldn't have been so bad, but there had just been some evidence presented to my tortured guilt-ridden soul and of course I couldn't think about anything else.

You're of course wondering what this evidence was. Well when I arrived home the other night from a family gathering and walked from the garage to the house i noticed a line of fresh drips on the driveway. This concerned me, so I developed a plan, let the car sit in the garage for a few hours and then back it out and see if there's a puddle. Well there wasn't, though I wouldn't say that the area was entirely clean either. Now of course what I should have done is check all the fluid levels. Yeah... well I have a hard time doing things I should all the time, in fact I would say I have a hard time doing it even most of the time, so no, I didn't check the fluid levels. That would have deprived me of the experience of thinking I needed a new car this afternoon. And those are the kinds of experiences money can't buy.

It was the starter motor

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But were the groceries ok? Don't leave us hangin', man!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The groceries survived. Fortunately, Grandpa was only fifteen minutes away.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home