Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Pre-GenCon

Well today was a blur of activity as I tried to wrap everything up so that I could leave for GenCon with a clear conscience. I spent the vast majority of the afternoon on the phone with the CMS (content management system) vendor. They had some custom work they'd done for us, but when we tried to move it to our server, the world broke. After a couple of hours of trying to fix it by hand we finally gave up and decided to go to our backup. We (not so much me, but others) were really hoping to get it up today, but that's not going to happen, so they're going to have to try and do it without me which could be interesting.

Generally I don't blog when my normal routine is interrupted, but I thought that this year I would try and blog GenCon as it happens. I'll have my laptop, and an internet connection, so we'll see how it goes. In any case I need to get home and start packing. I'm just waiting for one last thing here at work before I can leave.

I'm off to Indianapolis

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must win Pokemon Battle at GenCon.
I mean Dreamblade.

Have fun.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard the power is off at GenCon...

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home