Friday, August 18, 2006

Dreamblade 88/96

I neglected to blog yesterday. If I had I would have talked about opening up the Dreamblade cases I ordered. Actually I only opened two of the cases I saved one to open up with a co-worked who had also opened some cases. After opening two of the cases I was at 86 of 96 figures, and I was only missing rares (though there were several uncommons I only had 1 of). After opening another half a case with my co-worker yesterday I'm up to 88 of 96. I'm expecting that after I open the other half that I'll be at around 90 of 96. At which point it will be more cost effective to buy the remaining rares as singles. Of course I have a co-worker who bought two cases and even though he hasn't opened them all, he has a lot of the rares I don't have, so perhaps I'll be able to trade him.

I guess I should have warned readers before I launched into the big block of pure gamespeak. I'll do better next time. The car ended up being $351, ~$270 of which was the starter motor. Which seems high, but I guess if I was really worried about the money I should have done it myself. It's not really that hard of a job. I also had them do some preventative maintance as well, so there's the other $80. I was going to use my father-in-law's AAA membership to have the car towed, but the tow truck guy managed to get it to start by wacking the starter motor with a wrench while I cranked it, so it didn't have to be towed. In reality I'm surprised the van has gone that long without needing to go to the mechanic.

Tonight my wife finally gets her long standing wish and we're going to play "Werewolves of Miller's Hollow" We managed to scrape together 10 adults so we finally have enough people. I'm going to start out as the moderator, but I think if it goes long enough I may try and get someone else to take a shot at it since I could use the time between being lynched and the end of the game to help people with their Savage Tide characters. Regardless I think it will be a lot of fun.

One final Dreamblade comment. Wizards posted some pictures on their website and it turns out I'm in one, so you can see me and the massive size of the tournament. If you're having trouble picking me out the thumbnail of the image on this page only shows me.

I am not a werewolf!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened?
I thought you said you were going to shave your head and put a temporary tatoo dreamblade tatoo on your forhead?

Did you wimp out on me again?

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your famous!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at the picture, you seem to be the oldest person there.

I'll just let that sink in.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a pretty good showing, congrats! How was the convention mood in general on Dreamblade? I still remember the Berkeley guy not being too keen on it, but I myself never quite grasped the essence of the game.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture. Too bad they couldn't catch you looking up. Were there no girls there? (Duh, stupid question, rob! Recall what event this is!)

The referees in their Foot Locker shirts are a great touch. I think it was smart for them to chose slimming, vertical stripes in the pattern.

yourwifesolderbrother's comment is cold. You definitely don't look older than the guy in the peach shirt with his back toward the camera. Nor his opponent. I think the hat keeps you young. Your youngest son wears a hat just like it, right?

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home