Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Long Time no Blog

Well I've been pretty bad about blogging recently. Partially I've been busy, partially nothing has really jumped up and said "I need to be blogged!!" Course long time readers will realize that very few subjects have been in the "it's critical for this information to reach as wide an audience as possible!" category. I'm sure that this entry will also fall outside that category, but I figured I'd gone long enough that I needed to get something out there.

Last night my wife was doing a big activity for the women of the church and she'd asked me to run the children's class, basically women with kids leave the kids with me and while they participate in the activity. We (me and another volunteer) ended up with 13 kids... The oldest was my daughter at 10, most were a lot younger than that. The volume made my ears bleed, but I survived. Part of the problem was finding something they all could do. I think if we could have gone outside and played soccer or something we would have been okay.

I should mention how awesome my wife is. Over the weekend she decided to install ceiling fans. Now generally that should be reasonably straight forward, but our house is old enough that it was barely built with electricity in mind, let alone ceiling fans. The one in the dining room took her nearly 8 hours to put in, but she perservered, and let me tell you the temperature difference is extraordinary... At one point on her third or fourth trip to Lowe's the lady who had been helping her asked her if she was a single mother. Yeah that hurts, but it's funny enough to make the cut regardless.

Life is as tedious as a twice-told tale vexing the dull ear of a drowsy man.

3 Comments:

Blogger Medsker said...

"At one point on her third or fourth trip to Lowe's the lady who had been helping her asked her if she was a single mother. Yeah that hurts, but it's funny enough to make the cut regardless."

Shame on you Ross...but kudos to Liz for stepping up. I am amazed how much our ceiling fan helps that I installed. Often we can just turn it on and skip the AC.

Fred

5:49 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

You worked in a compliment to the wife and a self-depreciating zing. Nice work!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I want a ceiling fan!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home