Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wallpaper

I was pretty wasted by the time I got off work yesterday, and basically decided right off the bat that I would be okay if I didn't get anything productive done in the evening, particularly if I went to bed early (as it was I couldn't wait and ended up sleeping for about an hour between 6:00 and 7:00). But even with this decision I was amazed by how little I did end up doing. After I got up from the nap I sat down in front of my computer and at some point in the first little bit of puttering around I was doing (you know checking e-mail, websites, etc.) I decided for some reason that I needed new wallpaper (for my computer monitor, not actual wallpaper). I then proceeded to spend the next two hours looking.

I'm not sure why I wasted two hours looking for a more pleasing backdrop for my computer monitor, I think part of it was a lack of energy, and part of it was that I was watching "For Your Consideration" (the most recent Christopher Guest Mockumentary) but I'll return to that in a minute. In any case I eventually ended up selecting the right half of this one. I'm still not 100% happy, but oh well, it's not like I can spare another two hours...

Anyway, to return to the movie, it was decent, but easily the weakest of all the mockumentaries. It's hard to say exactly what the problem with it was, I think part of it was that in his previous efforts everyone has been eccentric, but each in their own unique way, in this one people were all eccentric in essentially the same way. There's more to it than that, but I think that was kind of the essence of it.

I'm gonna live forever, or die trying

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest you take a look at InterfaceLIFT.com for a good wallpaper.

3:59 PM  
Blogger aozora said...

Interesting stuff. I'm still using an anime-fan artist's rendition of Full Metal Alchemist characters.

6:12 AM  
Blogger lacochran said...

Hmm, you raise an interesting idea on For Your Consideration. I'll have to think about that. My take on it is at http://lacochran.blogspot.com

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home