Sunday, October 21, 2007

Day Off

So when I first started feeling sick on Friday night I called the guy who normally subs for me in Sunday School and told him that he would probably have to fill in for me. He told me that he would prepare the lesson, but that if I had recovered by then that I could still teach. I'm feeling better than I expected but still not 100% (but when do we ever fill 100%?) This is always a tough call for me. It's kind of a clash of cultures. In my family it's kind of assumed that unless you're in danger of vomiting during the actual lesson, that you should probably be there (okay, I might be exaggerating a little bit.) In my wife's family they build in recovery times and periods for quiescence.

I decided to let him sub for me, though not without a certain degree of guilt. To counter balance that I take a little bit of comfort from the fact that he loves the chance to substitute, and that I still haven't moved on from saltines and gatorade. Also having to prepare a 40 minute lesson every Sunday for the last four years (well almost it will be four at the beginning of the year) is pretty wearying. The occasional break is a welcome respite.

20 days down, 11 to go

2 Comments:

Blogger Medsker said...

See I think you also have to take into account that you don't want to get everyone in the ward sick...it helps in justifying staying home for me anyway...is a headache contagious?

5:53 AM  
Blogger aozora said...

"Guilt is the very nerve of sorrow"
--Horace Bushnell

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home