Saturday, March 01, 2008

Weekly Review

Well it's Saturday afternoon, so of course I'm at the office. I've tried to set aside Saturday as a lower intensity day of sorts. In particular I would like to get my weekly review done every Saturday. For those of you who might not be familiar with wat a weekly review is allow me to explain. David Allen's "Getting Things Done" system has lots of advice on dealing with different things like e-mail, and reminders, etc. But at it's core the system boils down to a few key principles: Collecting all of your "stuff" into a trusted system; Assigning a "Next Action" to all of your tasks/projects; Conduct a "Weekly Review" to keep things on track. I'm not perfect at any of these three principles, but I find that doing a Weekly Review makes up for quite a bit of imperfection in the other areas.

Now that GDC is over and we're better and better prepared for our pitches to VCs. I'm hoping that next week I'll be able to keep some normal hours, work my system and crank through a bunch of tasks. Also I checked the calender and it looks like not much is scheduled for the coming week (unlike this week, when I had something every night, 4-5 hour appointments four out of my six working days and a major deadline on top of GDC hangover).

Tonight the family is going out for my birthday dinner, so that should be a lot of fun, and after that I think I'm just going to hang out with my long-suffering wife and watch some "News Radio". I got seasons 4 and 5 for my birthday, so now I have the complete series.

Infinity is neither here nor there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home